Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) shut down a CNN reporter’s question on the controversial FISA application released Saturday, and CNN decided to air the video of his put down during the coverage, the Blaze reported.
“CNN was covering the release of the controversial FISA application to surveil Carter Page, a former Trump campaign advisor, and sought a comment from Nunes about the claims based on the application.
CNN’s Manu Raju tweeted about the exchange:
Just asked Nunes if he stood by all the contents of his memo after release of Carter Page docs – and he attacked CNN instead. I then asked him if he read FISA application (since in Feb he acknowledged not reading it) and he said: “You are ignoring what I said” and walked on floor
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) July 23, 2018
CNN ran the footage of Nunes’ comment Monday on Anderson Cooper’s show.
“Do you really think I’m really gonna talk to the leading Democratic party propaganda? Nunes said, smiling as Raju held a microphone to his face.
“That was it?” Cooper asked. “That’s all we got?”
The Blaze continued:
“Raju said that he tried to ask another question of Nunes but that he accused the reporter of ignoring his accusations against CNN. Cooper said that they invited Nunes to talk about his claims on the CNN show but he refused.
“Anderson and Raju ended the segment laughing about the speculation as to whether Nunes had read the FISA application, given that he had acknowledged previously that the “Nunes memo” was based on Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) reading the document and not himself.”
Nunes mocked the media and Democrats on Twitter for their reaction to the release of the FISA application, and tweeted, comically claiming that the release fully supported his memo.
Shocker! Nunes memo accurate…LOL!…media/Dems go on wild rants…TIME TO ELIMINATE REDACTIONS…PLEASE RT https://t.co/FZCYV1giwF
— Devin Nunes (@DevinNunes) July 22, 2018
The heavily redacted FISA application appears not to have settled the issue, as critics of the president say it supports their view, while allies of the president say it backs their view.
“So we now find out that it was indeed the unverified and Fake Dirty Dossier,” President Donald Trump tweeted, “that was paid for by Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC, that was knowingly & falsely submitted to FISA and which was responsible for starting the totally conflicted and discredited Mueller Witch Hunt!
So we now find out that it was indeed the unverified and Fake Dirty Dossier, that was paid for by Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC, that was knowingly & falsely submitted to FISA and which was responsible for starting the totally conflicted and discredited Mueller Witch Hunt!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018