GQ special correspondent Keith Olbermann announced Monday that he is “retiring from political commentary in all media venues” during his online program “The Resistance”, as reported by The Hill. Hallelujah! Olbermann is finally listening to America, and is ending his political ‘commentary’ nonsense.
The former ESPN, MSNBC, Current TV and Fox Sports host said he was “confident” President Trump’s presidency would end soon, thereby making it the “correct moment” to exit from making further political commentary. Or is it more likely, he knows his commentary isn’t influencing anyone, and Trump will definitely still be around for his 2nd term…definitely the latter.
“I am confident now even more so than I have been throughout the last year that this nightmare presidency of Donald John Trump will end prematurely and end soon, and I am thus also confident that this is the correct moment to end this series of commentaries,” Olbermann said, adding that Trump will either be removed from office or forced to resign by his own party sometime in the next 13 months.
“No illness. No scandal. No firing. Just I’ve said what I’ve had to say,” Olbermann said. “It was as obvious as I made it seem. I give my work everything I can, so it’s not like I can dial it back.”
“I am retiring from political commentary in all media venues,” he concluded. “Thank you for all the kind words and all the support. Have fun storming the castle. My work here is done. Matter of fact, so is Trump’s.”
Olbermann said earlier this month that Trump and his family “have done more damage to America than [Osama] bin Laden and ISIS combined.”
Oh Keith, your absurd and anti-patriotic comments will not be missed. The lewd and misinformed statements about our President and our country will no longer be tolerated. If Trump has done more damage than ISIS to America, then what does that say about the man who is responsible for ISIS…Barrack Obama. Olbermann is an embarrassment not just to liberals, but to politics entirely. Goodbye Keith, and please don’t ever come back.